Now Accepting Applications: The Strategic Learning and Capacity Development Advisor, IDEALApril 4, 2018
The Project: The Implementer–led Design, Evidence, Analysis, and Learning Project (IDEAL) is intended to enhance the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations through improving the design, implementation and overall effectiveness of development and emergency food security activities funded by FFP. This quality improvement effort is intended to address knowledge and capacity gaps in the food and nutrition security implementing community, and support the application of evidence and learning through knowledge sharing and peer learning efforts, capacity strengthening, stakeholder consultation, a grants component to support new knowledge and innovation, and a specialized focus on the generation and use of evidence and learning. IDEAL will seek to understand and meet the knowledge needs of implementing partner organizations throughout the program cycle through participatory approaches rather than top-down donor directives.
The Position: The Strategic Learning and Capacity Development Advisor will provide vision and strategic leadership for IDEAL efforts to improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, capacity strengthening and stakeholder consultation, through design and management of direct interventions under IDEAL. The Advisor will also work to strengthen capacity in the implementer community around implementer-led, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization, and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D in a relevant field such as international development, international relations, public policy, organizational development, business administration, science and technology fields
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience
Other Preferred Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated skills in and experience with utilizing critical, design and /or systems thinking to address challenges and foster innovative solution sets
- Demonstrated experience in supporting capacity strengthening, adaptive management, systems thinking in development program design, implementation, and learning
- Experience with co-creation efforts in the private, non-profit or governmental sector(s)
- Demonstrated experience and skills building partnerships with the private sector and other donors like USAID is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with setting up and managing communication and collaboration tools such as social media platforms, interactive websites, webinars and blogs, etc.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
This position is contingent on award. If you are interested in the role, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.